Digital nomads leave their traditional 9-to-5 jobs for the freedom to work on their own terms. North to South, a travel blog, chronicles one couple as they travel the world as digital nomads.
Here are some of our favorite moments from their Instagram that make us go, wow, maybe this could happen to me.
1. Diana and Ian are self-employed. They’re able to work while traveling by running 4 websites while abroad. #lifegoals
We just can’t get enough sand dunes! You can’t beat the isolation. Just my man, his camera, and a selfie stick (video to come)! Where’s your favorite place to get away? #NTSroadtrip2015 #colorado A photo posted by North To South • Diana + Ian (@dianasouth) on
2. They’re traveling the U.S. right now. Their Instagram account covers a different state every week.
3. They literally make money while looking for alligators (or crocodiles?) or sleeping, thanks to the power of the internet.
One of my favorite things about Georgia, by far, is these trees! What do you think of when you think of Georgia? #NTSroadtrip2015 #georgia A photo posted by North To South • Diana + Ian (@dianasouth) on
4. They visit parts of the country they haven’t seen before – every single week.
5. And their workday is comprised of writing and photography.
Perfect way to start the day! We woke up in our cozy tent in the middle of Great Sand Dunes National Park around 7:30 this morning, had a quick breakfast, packed up and hit the dunes! Neither of us had tried sandboarding before, but we rented this board for just $21 at the Oasis Store at the entrance to the park, and it was SO worth it! We are actually pretty terrible at sand boarding, though (you sign a waiver when you rent for good reason). I literally laughed so hard I cried watching the videos of our first runs… Double-tap if you want to see them! || photo by @inorman #NTSroadtrip2015 #colorado A photo posted by North To South • Diana + Ian (@dianasouth) on
6. Right now they’re spending most of their time in the national parks. For. a. living.
7. Although they have certain cities on their destination list too. They’re all about living and traveling on a budget – that’s the best part.
Found this darling little cabin in New Hampshire on #airbnb and called it home for two days! Airbnb has seriously pulled through for us when the budget hotel booking apps have literally NOTHING available in the slightly more remote areas we’ve found ourselves in on this road trip. If you haven’t signed up yet, get $25 off your first booking with our link: airbnb.com/c/dsouthern A photo posted by North To South • Diana + Ian (@dianasouth) on
8. They make it seem possible, especially when they share their Airbnb secrets.
9. They’re experiencing a lot of firsts – like their first time seeing the Aurora Borealis.
Another #tbt to our awesome first week of our U.S. road trip: Valley of Fire Nevada State Park — More from week one at northtosouth.us/us-road-trip-week-one #wanderlust #thegreatoutdoors #hiking #rocks #nevada #usa #stateparks #nvstateparks #worldtravelpics #worldtravelbook #travel #stylishtravelgirl #desert #hot #spring #getoutside A photo posted by North To South • Diana + Ian (@dianasouth) on
10. They’re growing together as a couple, too –
Shot of the Week: The Grandest of Canyons — About this photo: northtosouth.us/grandest-of-canyons #grandcanyon #NTSroadtrip2015 #roadtrip #usa #arizona #landscape #beautiful #scenery #sunset #desert #thegreatoutdoors #wanderlust #worldtravelbook #worldtravelpics #NTSshotoftheweek A photo posted by North To South • Diana + Ian (@dianasouth) on
11. while they move forward together in their careers.
I may be all grown up now, but you can still catch me climbing trees like I was a kid. Especially when the trees look like this one in Florida! When’s the last time you let your inner child out? #NTSroadtrip2015 #florida A photo posted by North To South • Diana + Ian (@dianasouth) on
12. All while climbing trees or driving across state lines!
This morning’s sunrise from the tent was breathtaking. Yesterday we departed Colorado, made it to Mexican Hat, UT just before sunset, and camped in Monument Valley last night. Luckily we oriented our tent perfectly for this morning view! Don’t you wish you could start every day with a view like this? Now we’re California bound, just eight hours to go! #NTSroadtrip2015 #arizona A photo posted by North To South • Diana + Ian (@dianasouth) on
13. They start their work days with beautiful views and end in new states. This is the dream, and they made it a reality.
Thanks for the inspiration, Diana and Ian!